Thursday, February 12, 2009

Travel Survival Kit

Here is what I am bringing to keep me occupied on my 2.5 hour flight to SFO, 12.9 hour flight to Incheon, and 1.2 hour bus ride to the hostel we are staying at the first couple of days (www.bonghouse.net).

1. Books
Shantaram - Gregory David Roberts
David Sedaris - When You are Engulfed in Flames
Korea - Lonely Planet
2. Magazines
Nylon Guys - March 2009
Details - January February
3. T.V.
Mad Men - 6 episodes from season 1
4. Music (new to me)
Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III
Calexico - Carried to Dust
TV on the Radio - Dear Science
5. Radio
This American Life - 10 episodes


SHould be good traveling


4 comments:

Mommy & Daddy Kennedy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lewis Cash said...

I'm excited to hear what you thought of then new Sedaris, its the only one of his I haven't read.

I think you'll love Calexxico and TV on the Radio.

Saving episodes of This American Life for traveling is the best choice ever.

Hope all is well... I miss you tons already.

andrewGoodwin said...

It's also the only Sedaris that I haven't read. I keep meaning to pick it up and give it a read. We all can't wait for your homemade episodes of 'This Korean Life'

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

I loved When you Are Engulfed in Flames. Not as much as Dress Your Family..., but still good.

-JON